CAREWare is free, scalable software for managing and montoring HIV clinical and supportive care service delivery. CAREWare enables Ryan White funded agencies, also referred to as subrecipients, to quickly produce a completed Ryan White HIV/AIDS Services Report (RSR) as required for annual submission to the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
CAREWare 6 Resources
A variety of CAREWare 6 resources may be accessed below:
Google Authenticator Setup
CAREWare Password Reset
CAREWare 2-Factor Setup
CAREWare 6 Training Resources
CAREWare 6 User Manual
The Ryan White HIV Services Program utilizes CAREWare in a real-time centralized database configuration in which client level data is stored on a secure central server. Unless otherwise specified and approved prior to funding by the Ryan White HIV Services Program, CAREWare is the required data collection and reporting system for all funded subrecipients. Submission of client level data (by means of the RSR) is a mandate of HRSA and is a requirement for funding consideration and continuation. The Indianapolis TGA Ryan White HIV Services Program in collaboration with the Indiana Department of Health HIV Services Ryan White Part B Program is pleased to announce the introduction of a statewide centralized HIV data collection and management system. Initial stages of implementation began in July 2019 and work is now complete. For further information on the collaboration go here. This collaboration encompasses the first-ever Cross-Agency Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Services Report (RSR) Plan.
2022 Ryan White Services Report (RSR) Instructions and Resources
The timeline for completion of the 2022 RSR is below:
- January 27, 2023 - Complete final CAREWare data entry for calendar year 1/1/2022 - 12/31/2022
- Review the 2022 RSR Instruction Manual
- February 1, 2023 - Register now and attend the DISQ Team Webinar: Completing the RSR Provider Report
- February 8, 2023 - Register now and attend the DISQ Team Webinar: Reviewing Your Data at Upload: Tools in the RSR Web System
- February 10, 2023 - Run an agency 2021 RSR Client Report from CAREWare and review the Summary Report for your data-directions are provided below in the HRSA Quick Start Guide #6. Once you have reviewed and updated data as needed, send an updated Summary Report (not the xml file) to either MCPHD or IDOH. In the case of agencies funded by both IDOH and MCPHD, please include both Jill Carr (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Brittany Sichting (BSichting@health.in.gov) in your email. If you are funded for HIV Counseling and Testing, please also submit your responses to the testing questions by this date (February 10, 2023). If you are a clinical provider, please submit your responses to the Opioid Treatment questions by this date.
- February 14, 2023 - Sub-recipients should start all sections within the Provider Report: General Information, Provider Information, Testing Questions, Opioid Treatment Questions, and Services Tab
- February 20, 2023 - IDOH and MCPHD will review data and upload client-level data files and zip code files for sub-recipients
- February 24, 2023 - Sub-recipients should have their Provider Reports completed and in review status. Review of client level data and entering validation comments must be completed
- March 10, 2023 - final Submission of Provider Reports, including integration of any IDOH/MCPHD feedback
- Prepping for RSR Submision: Key Steps for High-Quality Data. January 11, 2023. Register here.
- Creating the RSR Client-Level Data File. January 18, 2023. Register here.
- Completing the 2022 RSR Provider Report: February 1, 2023. Register here.
- Reviewing Your Data at Upload: Tools Within the RSR Web System. February 8, 2023. Register here.
There are multiple resources available to assist you in completing the RSR. The TargetHIV website is the main website for Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program training and technical assistance materials. In addition, the RWSP and IDOH have developed some resources for local use.
- Review RSR Basics Webinar- https://targethiv.org/library/rsr-basics Recommended if this will be your first year completing the RSR
- IDOH Website: https://www.in.gov/isdh/27829.htm
- HRSA QuickStart Guide #6 which covers procedure for running an RSR and the Financial Report: https://targethiv.org/library/careware-6-quick-start-guides-2019
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Services Report (RSR) Instruction Manual: https://targethiv.org/library/rsr-manual
- RWISE User Manual – The RWISE User Manual explains the key features and functions of RWISE for RWISE Users.
- RWISE Viewer Manual – The RWISE Viewer Manual discusses how the RWISE Viewer allows CAREWare users to view RWISE eligibility information for a client within their domain.
- RWISE Viewer Mini Module Manual – The RWISE Viewer Mini Module Manual discusses how Non Part A/C client data entry is completed.
- RWISE Viewer Training – This link directs you to the RWISE Viewer Training hosted by TriYoung on 11/13/2020.
Points of Contact
- IDOH - Brittany Sichting: BSichting@health.in.gov
- MCPHD - Portia Duff: PDuff@MarionHealth.org, Jill Carr: JCarr@MarionHealth.org, or Isabelle Mirro: IMirro@MarionHealth.org