CAREWare is free, scalable software for managing and montoring HIV clinical and supportive care service delivery. CAREWare enables Ryan White funded agencies, also referred to as subrecipients, to quickly produce a completed Ryan White HIV/AIDS Services Report (RSR) as required for annual submission to the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). For further background on the RSR go here. CAREWare Frequently Asked Questions may be of interest, as well.
CAREWare 6 Resources
A variety of CAREWare 6 resources may be accessed below:
Google Authenticator Setup
CAREWare Password Reset
CAREWare 2-Factor Setup
CAREWare 6 Training Resources
CAREWare 6 User Manual
The Ryan White HIV Services Program utilizes CAREWare in a real-time centralized database configuration in which client level data is stored on a secure central server. Unless otherwise specified and approved prior to funding by the Ryan White HIV Services Program, CAREWare is the required data collection and reporting system for all funded subrecipients. Submission of client level data (by means of the RSR) is a mandate of HRSA and is a requirement for funding consideration and continuation. The Indianapolis TGA Ryan White HIV Services Program in collaboration with the Indiana State Department of Health HIV Services Ryan White Part B Program is pleased to announce the introduction of a statewide centralized HIV data collection and management system. Initial stages of implementation began in July 2019 and work is ongoing. For further information on the collaboration go here. This collaboration encompasses the first-ever Cross-Agency Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Services Report (RSR) Plan.
2020 Ryan White Services Report (RSR) Instructions and Resources
The timeline for completion of the 2020 RSR is below:
- January 29, 2020 - Completion of final CAREWare data entry for calendar year 1/1/2020 - 12/31/2020
- February 3, 2020 - Register and attend the DISQ Team Webinar: Completing the RSR Provider Report
- February 12, 2020 - Using CAREWare, run a 2020 RSR Client Report and view the file in teh RSR VIewer. Once you have reviewed and corrected any missing data elements, send an updated Client Data Report (not the xml file) to either MCPHD or IDOH. In the case your agency is funded by both please include both Jill Carr (email@example.com) and Traci Johnson (tjohnson@isdh.IN.gov) in the email. If you are funded for HIV Counseling and Testing, please also submit your responses to the testing questions by this date.
- February 15, 2020 - Sub-recipients startt all sections within the Provider Report: General Information, Provider Information, Testing Questions, Opioid Treatment Questions, and Services Tab
- February 17, 2020 - Register and attend the DISQ Team Webinar: Reviewing Your Data at Upload
- February 22, 2020 - IDOH and MCPHD will review data and upload client-level data files and zip code files for sub-recipients
- February 25, 2020 - Sub-recipients should have their Provider Reports completed and in review status. Review of client level data and entering validation comments must be completed
- March 12, 2020 - Submission of Provider Reports
- Prepping for RSR Submision: Key Steps for High-Quality Data. January 13, 2020. Register here.
- Moving Beyond Data Completeness: Ensuring RSR Clinical Data Reflect Services Being Provided. January 20, 2020. Register here.
- Creating the RSR Client-Level Data File. January 27, 2020. Register here.
- Completing the 2020 RSR Provider Report: February 3, 2021. Register here.
- Reviewing Your Data at Upload: Tools Within the RSR Web System. February 17, 2021. Register here.
There are multiple resources available to assist you in completing the RSR. The TargetHIV website is the main website for Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program training and technical assistance materials. In addition, the RWSP and ISDH have developed some resources for local use.
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Services Report (RSR) Cross-Part TA Webinar (presented on 12/17/2019) - This webinar provides an overview of the RSR including what it is, why it is collected, what subrecipients have to do for the RSR and who to contact if you have questions. This webinar was presented jointly by the Indianapolis TGA Ryan White HIV Services Program and the Indiana State Department of Health HIV Services Ryan White Part B Program and may be viewed here (using Explorer only). The content outline is found here: ISDH-MCPHD RSR TA Webinar 12/17/2019
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Services Report (RSR) Cross-Part TA Webinar (presented on 2/25/2020) - This webinar reviews the steps of the RSR process that subrecipients should have completed by 2/25/2020, the steps that remain left to do, key steps in completing the Provider Report, and importing and reviewing client-level data. This webinar was presented jointly by the Indianapolis TGA Ryan White HIV Services Program and the Indiana State Department of Health HIV Services Ryan White Part B Program. The content outline is found here: ISDH-MCPHD RSR TA Webinar 2/25/2020
- RSR Instruction Manual –The RSR Instruction Manual provides an explanation of reporting requirements, definitions of required data, and instructions about how to complete the RSR.
- HRSA QuickStart Guide #6 – QuickStart Guide #6 covers the procedure for running an RSR and the Financial Report
- RSR Validations –RSR validation checks look for consistency and accuracy in your data to improve your data quality. The Annual RSR Data Validation Messages document provides information on the data validations. Data element numbers allow you to reference between this document and the RSR Instruction Manual. The RSR in Focus: Data Validations for Client Level Data provides a summary of RSR validation checks initiated upon upload of a client level data report.
- RSR Upload Completeness Report – The Upload Completeness Report aggregates the data that are in the client-level data xml file so that they can be easily reviewed. The percentage of missing data is also listed. The RSR in Focus: How to Use the RSR Upload Completeness Report document provides information on how to use the Upload Completeness Report (UCR) that becomes available in the Ryan White Services Report (RSR) Web System once client level data is uploaded.
- RSR The Basics Webinar – This webinar provides an overview of the RSR terminology.
- Completing the Provider Report Webinar – This webinar features step-by-step instructions on how to complete the 2019 RSR Provider Report, including uploading client-level data, modifying service delivery sites and addressing alerts and warnings in the RSR web system.
- RSR Technical Assistance Brochure – This brochure lists all of the available federally-funded technical assistance resources for the RSR as well as the areas in which they can provide assistance.
- IDOH Website
- RWISE User Manual – The RWISE User Manual explains the key features and functions of RWISE for RWISE Users.
- RWISE Viewer Manual – The RWISE Viewer Manual discusses how the RWISE Viewer allows CAREWare users to view RWISE eligibility information for a client within their domain.
- RWISE Viewer Mini Module Manual – The RWISE Viewer Mini Module Manual discusses how Non Part A/C client data entry is completed.
- RWISE Viewer Training – This link directs you to the RWISE Viewer Training hosted by TriYoung on 11/13/2020.
Points of Contact
- ISDH - Traci Johnson: TJohnson@isdh.IN.gov
- MCPHD - Portia Duff: PDuff@MarionHealth.org, Jill Carr: JCarr@MarionHealth.org, or Isabelle Mirro: IMirro@MarionHealth.org (CAREWare/data)