CAREWare is free, scalable software for managing and montoring HIV clinical and supportive care service delivery. CAREWare enables Ryan White funded agencies, also referred to as subrecipients, to quickly produce a completed Ryan White HIV/AIDS Services Report (RSR) as required for annual submission to the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). For further background on the RSR go here. CAREWare Frequently Asked Questions may be of interest, as well.
The Ryan White HIV Services Program utilizes CAREWare in a real-time centralized database configuration in which client level data is stored on a secure central server. Unless otherwise specified and approved prior to funding by the Ryan White HIV Services Program, CAREWare is the required data collection and reporting system for all funded subrecipients. Submission of client level data (by means of the RSR) is a mandate of HRSA and is a requirement for funding consideration and continuation. The Indianapolis TGA Ryan White HIV Services Program in collaboration with the Indiana State Department of Health HIV Services Ryan White Part B Program is pleased to announce the introduction of a statewide centralized HIV data collection and management system. Initial stages of implementation began in July 2019 and work is ongoing. For further information on the collaboration go here. This collaboration encompasses the first-ever Cross-Agency Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Services Report (RSR) Plan.
2019 Ryan White Services Report (RSR) Instructions and Resources
The timeline for completion of the 2019 RSR is below:
- January 21, 2020 - Completion of final data entry for calendar year 1/1/2019 - 12/31/2019
- MCPHD - data entered into CAREWare
- ISDH - Excel sheets securely submitted
- MCPHD sub-recipients email HIV testing data and RSR client data reports to Jill Carr JCarr@MarionHealth.org for review
- February 10, 2020 - Sub-recipients start Provider Reports
- February 28, 2020 - ISDH and MCPHD upload client-level data files and zip code files for sub-recipients
- March 13, 2020 - Sub-recipients complete Provider Reports and review of client-level data including entering validation comments
- March 20, 2020 - ISDH and MCPHD provide feedback regarding any needed changes
- March 24, 2020 - Submission of Provider Reports
There are multiple resources available to assist you in completing the RSR. The TargetHIV website is the main website for Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program training and technical assistance materials. In addition, the RWSP and ISDH have developed some resources for local use.
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Services Report (RSR) Cross-Part TA Webinar (presented on 12/17/2019) - This webinar provides an overview of the RSR including what it is, why it is collected, what subrecipients have to do for the RSR and who to contact if you have questions. This webinar was presented jointly by the Indianapolis TGA Ryan White HIV Services Program and the Indiana State Department of Health HIV Services Ryan White Part B Program and may be viewed here (using Explorer only). The content outline is found here: ISDH-MCPHD RSR TA Webinar 12/17/2019
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Services Report (RSR) Cross-Part TA Webinar (presented on 2/25/2020) - This webinar reviews the steps of the RSR process that subrecipients should have completed by 2/25/2020, the steps that remain left to do, key steps in completing the Provider Report, and importing and reviewing client-level data. This webinar was presented jointly by the Indianapolis TGA Ryan White HIV Services Program and the Indiana State Department of Health HIV Services Ryan White Part B Program. The content outline is found here: ISDH-MCPHD RSR TA Webinar 2/25/2020
- RSR Instruction Manual –The RSR Instruction Manual provides an explanation of reporting requirements, definitions of required data, and instructions about how to complete the RSR.
- RSR Validations –RSR validation checks look for consistency and accuracy in your data to improve your data quality. The Annual RSR Data Validation Messages document provides information on the data validations. Data element numbers allow you to reference between this document and the RSR Instruction Manual. The RSR in Focus: Data Validations for Client Level Data provides a summary of RSR validation checks initiated upon upload of a client level data report.
- RSR Upload Completeness Report – The Upload Completeness Report aggregates the data that are in the client-level data xml file so that they can be easily reviewed. The percentage of missing data is also listed. The RSR in Focus: How to Use the RSR Upload Completeness Report document provides information on how to use the Upload Completeness Report (UCR) that becomes available in the Ryan White Services Report (RSR) Web System once client level data is uploaded.
- RSR The Basics Webinar – This webinar provides an overview of the RSR terminology.
- Completing the Provider Report Webinar – This webinar features step-by-step instructions on how to complete the 2018 RSR Provider Report, including uploading client-level data, modifying service delivery sites and addressing alerts and warnings in the RSR web system.
- RSR Technical Assistance Brochure – This brochure lists all of the available federally-funded technical assistance resources for the RSR as well as the areas in which they can provide assistance.
Points of Contact
- ISDH - Traci Johnson: TJohnson@isdh.IN.gov
- MCPHD - Portia Duff: PDuff@MarionHealth.org or Jill Carr: JCarr@MarionHealth.org (CAREWare/data)